Many consumers across the country have turned to tooth whitening kits to brighten up their smile – and Pittsburgh residents are no exception. What many don’t know is that these at-home whitening kits contain a number of hidden dangers that can cause more harm than good:
- The uneven spread of bleach can result in a patchy appearance on your teeth, looking as if you have had a failed procedure.
- Many popular DIY teeth whitening kits have very high acidity levels, which can cause damage to the teeth.
- The abrasive materials in some kits can result in erosion of teeth enamel, which is necessary for preventing tooth decay.
- The chemicals used in common DIY whitening kits can cause allergic reactions, or stomach upset if swallowed.
If you are looking for a brighter smile, your best option is to see a dental professional who has experienced in teeth whitening procedures. Professional in-office teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure in the world today. Having your teeth whitened by a professional ensures that you will receive individual treatment under monitored conditions which allow you to be sure that you are getting the proper care to give you a brighter smile.
Your dentist can sit down with you and evaluate which teeth whitening procedure will be best for you as well as discussing what is involved. There are several types of professional teeth whitening procedures available, and it is important to discuss exactly which one is right for you.
With professional teeth whitening, you’ll reap the benefits and the results, including:
- Safer treatment with better results
- Professional supervision
- Addresses any sensitivity issues
- Tooth color can customized to meet your individual needs
- Teeth whitening by multiple shades in as little as an hour
- Results last much longer
If you are considering a brighter smile, consider the experts! Contact the experienced professionals at King’s Orthodontics in Pittsburgh and start dazzling others with your smile!
Dr. Bryan King earned his DMD from The University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine and holds his Master of Dental Science in Periodontics from The University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Bryan has also completed an Orthodontic residency at St Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx, New York. Dr Bryan has received many honors as a practicing orthodontist including, being named a Diplomate of the American Board ofOrthodontics and being named a “Top Dentist” by Pittsburgh Magazine for several years running. He also earned the Lifetime achievement award given by Align Technologies in 2014 for his work with Invisalign.
Latest posts by Dr. Bryan King (see all)