Although many teenagers require braces to properly straighten their teeth and give them a beautiful, healthy smile, most don’t look forward to the discomfort and appearance of metal braces. Now, Invisalign® has developed
, made especially for teenagers who require orthodontic services.
What is Invisalign Teen®?
Invisalign Teen® is a safe and very effective orthodontic treatment that is used to position and straighten your teen’s teeth. But, it’s a much different treatment than traditional metal braces. Invisalign Teen® is a series of clear, plastic retainers that are clear and removable, and developed through 3-D technology to create a customized treatment plan.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen®
Invisalign Teen® has become the most popular choice for teen orthodontic treatment, and it’s easy to see why:
- It shows you the results—before you even start! Invisalign’s imaging software will show your teen what his or her teeth will look like when the Invisalign Teen® process is complete.
- It’s invisible. Invisalign Teen® can make your teen more comfortable when school pictures, prom snapshots, and senior photos are taken.
- It’s removable. Invisalign Teen® is meant to be removed when eating or drinking, and when you brush and floss your teeth. Your teen doesn’t have to worry about food getting stuck in braces and you don’t have to avoid foods that can damage traditional braces.
- It’s easy to care for. Just remove Invisalign Teen, clean with a toothbrush, and rinse. That’s it!
- It can be used with any activity. Sports that require protective mouthguards are no problem—just remove the aligners and get moving! Your teen also doesn’t have to worry about injuring their mouth while involved in sports because there’s no metal in them that can cut into mouth or gums.
- It produces faster results. The average treatment time is around 12 months, although the total amount of time depends upon the patient’s individual treatment plan.
- It’s affordable. King Orthodontics offers special financing and easy-to-use online payment plans, and accepts most major credit cards and medical and dental insurance plans.
Invisalign Teen® must be worn about 22 hours a day in order to receive the best results. Replacement aligners are included in the cost of Invisalign Teen®. Invisalign Teen® will provide up to
six replacement aligners
at no cost if the aligners are lost or broken.
King Orthodontics is designated as a Top 1% provider in North America by Invisalign, and is the only Premier Provide Elite in our area. We offer complimentary consultations for you and your teen! To learn more about the benefits of Invisalign Teen® at either our Pittsburgh or Wexford location, call or contact us today.
Latest posts by Dr. Bryan King (see all)