Invisalign® uses clear, plastic retainers on the upper and lower teeth to gently move teeth into position. There are many benefits of Invisalign and Invisalign® Teen, including:
- They’re nearly invisible. Invisalign® is made of clear materials, which means that no one will know your teeth are underdoing orthodontic treatment.
- They’re customized. When you are fitted for this treatment, you’ll have X-rays taken, and your dentist will carefully measure your jaw and teeth to ensure that Invisalign® is improving your particular bite issues.
- They’re removable. You don’t have any eating or drinking restrictions. Instead, you remove Invisalign for a short time while you eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Does Invisalign® Cost More than Traditional Metal Braces?
Although Invisalign® is a popular treatment made with a state-of-the-art system, the cost is comparable to traditional metal braces. As with every orthodontic treatment, however, there are several factors to consider that will determine the overall cost.
- How Long Is Your Treatment Plan? With Invisalign®, you’ll actually see the results before the treatment even starts! That means that your orthodontist knows exactly what will have to be done. While most patients use Invisalign® for around 18 months, everyone is different.
- What Issues Must Be Corrected? Invisalign® can fix orthodontic issues including overbite, underbite, crossbite, crowded teeth, gapped teeth, and others. Patients may have only one issue, while others may have several. That will impact your length of treatment.
- What is Your Customized Plan? Your plan is designed for you—and you only. There are factors that determine just how long you wear your Invisalign® retainers. For instance, you may need cavities filled or periodontal treatment performed first. Your orthodontist will review that will you at your appointments.
If your orthodontist determines that you’re a good candidate for Invisalign® or Invisalign® Teen, then they can discuss financing options with you. In most cases, your dental insurance will cover at least part of the costs of Invisalign®, just as they would metal braces. At King Orthodontics, besides accepting most medical and dental insurance plans, we also accept most major credit cards. We can set up an affordable payment plan or use CareCredit or Chase Health Advance. Invisalign® costs and treatment are affordable for everyone.
King Orthodontics: Pittsburgh’s Top Invisalign® Provider
Invisalign® has designated our practice as a Top 1% provider in North America. Drs. Earle and Bryan King were recognized at the 2016 Invisalign® Summit for having reached over 4,000 cases treated with Invisalign®, making them one of the top three providers in North America.
To set up an appointment or consultation, call King Orthodontics at the Wexford office at 724-935-5323, downtown Pittsburgh at 412-246-0600, or the new Bridgeville office at 412-564-5351.
Latest posts by Dr. Bryan King (see all)