Invisalign can help you achieve a great new smile, but did you know that it also positively affects your oral and physical health too? Orthodontic treatment is an important part of your dental care, because your teeth and jaw help you chew, digest food, and speak. At King Orthodontics Pittsburgh locations, we help our patients—both teenagers and adults—begin the Invisalign system.
The health benefits of Invisalign are clear. Using the Invisalign system can:
- Straighten your teeth. Sure, having straight teeth may build your confidence, but why In some cases, a severe bite problem will affect your chewing, possibly giving you gastrointestinal distress.
- Correct Your Bite. Your bite is the way that your teeth fit together in your mouth. If you’re having bite problems, you may experience headaches, pain and discomfort in your mouth, and uneven wear on your teeth. This can cause your enamel to wear away, exposing the nerves of your tooth. Invisalign gently pushes your teeth into the correct position and fixes overbites, underbites, and cross bites within only 12-24 months.
- Help Maintain Great Oral Health. Traditional braces use brackets and wire to straighten teeth. Having so much metal on your teeth for a year or two can make it difficult to brush and floss. It’s much easier to clean your teeth with Invisalign. Just pop out your aligners when you’re ready to blush and floss, then put them right back in. With Invisalign, it’s that easy.
- Give You Healthier Gums. Although you may not think about your gums as being critical for your overall well being, having healthy gums is very important for proper dental care. If your teeth are crooked and/or crowded, it will be more difficult to keep them clean, and that can lead to gingivitis and periodontitis (a severe infection of the gums that can harm the tissue and bone surrounding your teeth).
- Improve Your Speech. Your teeth and tongue are used to form words, but if you have bite problems, it may cause a problem with forming sounds and words. Invisalign corrects over, under, and cross bites while straightening teeth, which will help to pronounce words properly.
King Orthodontics has two convenient Pittsburgh locations—one in Wexford and one Downtown. We are Pittsburgh’s leading Invisalign provider and have years of experience treating our patients with this system. If you would like to improve your overall and oral health, call us today for a complimentary consultation.
Latest posts by Dr. Bryan King (see all)